Support STARS (no extra cost to you)!
Thank you for helping to support STARS and the services we provide to families in the Northern Virginia area!
*CLASS SCHEDULES 2019-2020*
Last updated: 9 August 2019
(Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
“You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.” (Deuteronomy 6:5-7)
Tutoring is available as well in selected subjects.
Examples of activities STARS has organized for students include:
- Hosting a talk by planetary astronomer Dr. Heidi Hammel
- Field trips for a day of instruction at renowned universities (MIT Spring 2013, Yale Spring 2014, Princeton Spring 2015, Duke Spring 2016, and University of North Carolina Spring 2017)
- Mixers with professional dancing instruction
- Proms on a riverboat on the Potomac in DC and at 1950’s amusement park and historical site, Glen Echo Park, MD
- Attending STEM talks hosted by the AAAS in D.C.
- Kennedy Center outings
- Seasonal activities such as field trips to Belvedere Plantation
- Parent-supported activities, including educational talks by local professionals on homeschooling students with learning challenges, homeschooling through high school, transcripts, gap years, and more.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29: 11)