REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
To register for classes:
1. NEW FAMILIES: Please request an initial consultation by emailing the STARS Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, reliable phone number, a good time to call, age, grade level of your student(s), and which classes you are interested in.
2. RETURNING FAMILIES: Our staff will provide access to our online registration form upon request from either returning families or those who have completed the consultation.
3. NEW AND RETURNING FAMILIES: Please submit the online registration form. Link will be provided by STARS staff after initial consultation. Instructions to complete the registration process will be provided with your registration package, including invoice, covenant/contract, and risk release form. Invoice will include non-refundable registration and supply fees and class tuition fees.
TUITION PAYMENT OPTIONS
Payment Option A: Families pay the entire balance due at once NLT September 1st.
Payment Option B: Families pay in three installments: The first payment will be due on July 15th. The second payment would be due on August 15th. The third installment will be on September 1st. Along with your first payment, remaining payments must be submitted as post-dated checks following the payment schedule above.
- All payments are via check made out to STARS.
PLEASE NOTE: Though we have never had to cancel a class due to low enrollment, if a class does not meet tutor’s minimum quota of enrolled students by September 20th, the class may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment. Parents will be notified of cancellation and tuition will be refunded.
- Other Fees – Most classes will have additional fees for books and/or materials. These fees will be listed on tuition invoice. Consult tuition table or contact the tutor for information particular to your class(es).
- Returned Checks – Any fees resulting from a returned check are the responsibility of the payer. There is a $50.00 processing fee for returned checks. If a check is returned, you must contact the Registrar within 2 weeks of the date of notice from your bank to resolve the issue. STARS will require the amount due to be paid in cash only. Failure to resolve a payment issue within 30 days will result in the student(s) being dropped from enrollment. No tuition already paid will be refunded.
- Dropping a Class – Students have two weeks from the first day of class to drop a class and receive a 100% tuition refund (minus registration and supply fees). Because our tutors are contracted from the second week of classes, an enrolled family is contractually obligated to pay the full tuition amount for the class for the year after Thursday, September 26th, 2019. If, for any reason, a student ceases to attend a class after this date, STARS is not responsible for refunding or returning textbooks or classroom fees. Again, registration and supply fees are nonrefundable.
Please note: If unavoidable circumstances prevent a class from meeting, the tutor will make an effort to make up the material. However, a missed class does not constitute a tuition refund because rates are based on the course and not individual sessions.